MAINOS

Opinnäytetyö - Seksuaalivähemmistöihin kuuluvien potilaiden hoitotyö

Miiikaela

Hei,

olen kansainvälinen sairaanhoitajaopiskelija ja teen tällä hetkellä opinnäytetyötäni. Työni aiheena on selvittää sairaanhoitajien valmistautumista opiskelujen aikana, henkilökohtaista suhtautumista ja taitoja koskien seksuaalivähemmistöjen potilaita. Kysely on täysin anonyymi ja vastaaminen toteutetaan internetin kautta. Kiitoksia avustanne!

https://www.webropolsurveys.com/S/4D39257D098BD4AC.par

Michaela Poussu

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

• The aiheen was unfeatured
MAINOS

Hei!

Hienoa, että teet opparia tärkeästä aiheesta! Haluan kuitenkin huomauttaa, että ensimmäisessä kysymyksessä mainittu "transgender" ei ole seksuaalivähemmistö, vaan sukupuolivähemmistö. Transgender ei myöskään kata koko  sukupuolivähemmistöjen kenttää - transsukupuolisuus (transsexual) on yleisempi käsite suomen kielessä. Homoseksuaalisuudessa (seksuaalivähemmistö) on kyse seksuaalisesta suuntautumisesta, mutta transsukupuolisuus (sukupuolivähemmistö) ei ole seksuaalinen suuntautuminen, vaan kokemus omasta sukupuolestaan. Sukupuolivähemmistöön kuuluvat voivat olla myös heteroita.

Transsukupuolisuuden niputtaminen seksuaalivähemmistöjen alle on siis ongelma, koska kyse on erilaisesta ilmiöstä. Transsukupuolisilla potilailla on erilaisia tarpeita kuin homoilla ja lesboilla ja kokemukseni mukaan tätä potilasryhmää tunnetaan vielä huonommin kuin seksuaalivähemmistöjä. Tässä on lisää tietoa aiheesta http://transtukipiste.fi/tietoa-sukupuolesta/

Olen tehnyt gradun transsukupuolisuudesta ja vastaan mielelläni, jos tulee jotain kysyttävää.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

• 2 viikkoa myöhemmin...
Vieras: Kysymys?

"Olitko/oletko tietoinen siitä että LGBT-henkilöillä on erilaiset tarpeet kuin heteroseksuaalisella potilaalla?"

Millä tavoin tarpeeni on erilainen koska olen nainen joka pitää naisista? Samaa hoitoa tarvitsen.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

Oli lähtökohtaisesti todella asenteellinen kyselytutkimuslomake. Paistoi läpi kyllä tutkijan subjektiot. Millälailla seksuaalinen suuntautuminen aiheuttaa erilaisia tarpeita esim. päivystyksessä, vo:lla tms. Samaa vaivaa sitä hoidetaan vehkeistä ja ajatuksista riippumatta.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

Oliko tämä joltain 60-luvulta tämä kyselykaavake? Ymmärtääkseni seksuaalivähemmistöt ei ole kuulunut enää 40 vuoteen tautiluokitukseen? (LGBT Potilas???). Ihmettelen myös kovasti (kuten edellä), että mitä erityistarpeita näillä ihmisillä on?

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

Hei,

in order to go deeper with answers and all, I will write in English. As explained, I am an international student and the language I am studying in is English. Much of the questions I have been asked about this survey on different platforms had to do with the way questions were expressed. I had to use a translator (not Google translate, of course, but a person of mine who is fluent in English and a native Finnish speaker), and the survey was approved in this way by my supervisors of my AMK, who are also both Finnish. 

I am well aware that being trans* is not a sexual minority, and in the theoretical framework of my thesis plan I always explained the different health care concerns of trans* people (hormone therapy, sexual gender re-assignment surgery, mental health care needs, and many more). When I asked my translator for a good topic thread, he suggested this title, and I had a discussion that trans* is not a sexuality, but in the end he said this would be the best suggestion. Would "Seksuaali- ja sukupuolivähemmistöihin kuuluvien potilaiden hoitotyö" be a better title, then I can edit it, to include it. 

The different health concerns that I described in the theoretical framework were - for example - mental health, substance abuse, sexual health, reproductive health, discrimination in health care, and some more. It does not mean that a non-heterosexual person has different health needs in terms on how to treat them if they have an illness, but what is more specific in their need. 
Most of the studies I have used to find these differences where from the UK and USA, which is why I wanted to find out if it's even being talked about during vocational education in Germany or nursing studies in Finland that LGBTQ+ patients exist.

The terminology in the survey might sound old-fashioned and horrible, but it was the one chosen that translated best into three languages: German (I have a German survey running at the same time, as I compare Finland to Germany in the answers), English, and Finnish. With German and English, I had the choice to edit and write freely what I meant, but with Finnish I am still at the mercy of those translating the survey (I understand and can read Finnish fluently, but writing it on an academic level is not yet possible. I am working on that.).

Thank you to everyone who answered the survey so far, you are helping me a lot!

Michaela P.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

I read the questions and thought to myself that "What is this? These questions are irrelevant. Because we can not give special treatment to anyone". But I found the topic interesting so I read you explanation what is it that you are trying to accomplish (The one that is in English). If I understood you correctly you are trying to find out what kind of care LGBT patients need. But you inquiry measures only attitudes that healthcare professionals have. So I didn't find the link between your study and day-to-day healthcare. Because in day-to-day healthcare we can not give special treatment to anyone. And I might be just paranoid but I smell a tiny odour of feminism in this. The kind of feminisim that is wild in Kanada, Americas collage campuses and in Britan too. But that can be just a coincidence.

Luin kysymyksesi ja ajattelin itsekseni "Mitähän tämäkin nyt on? Nämä kysymyksethän ovat tarpeettomia. Emmehän me voi antaa kenellekkään erikoiskohtelua". Mutta aiheesi oli minusta mielenkiintoinen joten luin tarkemmin selityksen siitä, mitä yrität saavuttaa (Tuo mikä on englanniksi). Jos siis ymmärsin oikein, yrität löytää vastausta kysymykseen, millaista hoitoa LGBT potilaat tarvitsevat. Mutta kyselysi mittaa ainoastaan terveydenhuollon ammattilaisten asenteita. Joten en löytänyt linkkiä tutkimuksesi ja päivittäisen terveydenhuollon välillä, koska tosiaan päivittäisessä terveydenhuollossa emme voi antaa kenellekkään erityiskohtelua. Ja saattaa olla että olen vain vainoharhainen mutta haistan tässä hieman feminismiä. Sellaista feminisimiä mitä on liikkeellä Kanadassa, Amerikan yliopistojen kampuksilla ja myös Britanjassa. Mutta tämä saattaa olla vain yhteensattuma.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

The main questions I want to answer with the survey are: 
- are the health needs of the LGBT community mentioned or taught during nursing studies
- does personal attitude influence the professional attitude 
and - are resources for health care providers and for LGBT patients provided and / or used

Along some other questions. They stem from the fact that during my entire time at my AMK, the LGBT community has not been brought up once - except in the context that my teacher's teacher said 20 years ago that being gay was a mental health disorder. The attitude part stems from personal experience, stories told to be my friends, and studies I have read about discrimination in health care due to being lesbian / gay / bisexual / trans*. The ideal scenario that we are taught in nursing studies is that we treat every patient the same, regardless of sex, age, religion, sexuality, etc. But we are human after all, and I want to find out if a negative attitude towards lesbian or gay people (for example) can influence the professional attitude or if it can be held back. 

I would be impressed with myself if I managed to put a feminist agenda into my own survey, but I think I did not. I am a feminist, but not a "social justice warrior".

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

Ok! This cleared a lot. Thank you. 

I agree with you that we need to treat everyone the same, regardless of sex, age, religion, sexuality, etc. And I know there is some problems with some healthcare professionals and there attitudes. Very interesting topic indeed. Do you public your study or thesis in Finland? Because I'm very interested to read it. 

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

I will include the same complaints here that I voiced on Facebook. The assumption is obviously that anyone answering is heterosexual. You will not make any sense of the answers of someone who falls in the categories described as "the other" ie the patient or at most a colleague. Your explanation here is excellent and you make good points. Unfortunately your questions don't reflect that. 

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

Thank you for clearing. I understand problems with terminilogy if you are not writing originally in Finnish.

"Seksuaali- ja sukupuolivähemmistöihin kuuluvien potilaiden hoitotyö" sounds better to me.

Suora linkki kommenttiin
Jaa toisille sivustoille

MAINOS

Arkistoitu

Tämä aihe on arkistoitu, siihen ei voi enää vastata.

• Luo uusi...